Brand new art blog - 0

This is a new art blog. If you choose to read my blog you will have the chance to read about my processes, artworks and metarials. That is simple. But let me tell you about my art journey so far to provide you some context.

I have been drawing for a long time and I have been painting for a while (I didnt start painting immediately when I started drawing.). I think it's been 8-9 years, but I don't know exactly how long. Honestly, even though I know, I wouldnt like to share the actual lenngth because its kind of ashaming to spend such a long time on a hobby but accomplish nothing. Of course, every year my skills got better and ı was able to get out of my shell, but the point I reached was neither enough for me nor to the other people. At the beginning of last year, I was very frustrated because I draw only to remind myself of how unsuccessful I am. I just didnt want to continue this pursuit. But the thing is, I just cannot leave something that I have spent so much time on. I can neither leave nor move forward, I'm got stuck. So in this case, it was obvious that I had to make radical changes. Therefore, I will try to get better results in different ways instead of the methods I have tried many times before. I don't know if it will get better or worse, but it's better than nothing.

Honestly, I didn't think much about blogging before. I love watching vlogs, so I always dreamed of having an art related channel. But editing and shooting a video seems a bit difficult, at least for me. Since I am someone who can lose motivation very quickly, I chose to take an easier path. I am not a regular writer, but since I wrote for myself time to time and used to write a lot for school a while ago, writing is much easier and faster for me. The idea of having a blog suddenly came to my mind, and I welcomed that idea. I've read blogs before, but mostly by chance while I was roaming in the internet. There is no blogger or blog I follow regularly. I would love to get more familliar with blogger community more. Suddenly, the existence of blogs surfaced from memory, and when I thought about it, I decided that it could be a good idea for me. As I said before, I love watching vlogs and sometimes I think about what I would say and write if I were to make a video. Now I'll do the same, in a way I'm more familiar with.

If you are wondering what kind of art I do, I put a few examples below. Not very high quality examples, my recent stuff is a little better, but I hope it gives you some idea. I was using Instagram before, my account is still active, but I will leave that horrible place soon when I delete all of my stuff in there (I hate Instagram, I hate square pics). Meanwhile you can go to my not-so-active-yet Artfol account (https://artfol.co/draconian_spring).







Before I finish this article, I want to talk about a project that you will see a lot on this blog. In short, it is a redwaw project. So, I have a lot of old sketchbooks and I want to redaw good sketches. In fact, when I was scribbling those drawings years ago, this thought was behind my mind. I was hoping that someday I would return to these pages and turn them into actual paintings I also hoped that I would do this with my developed master skills (so I put all the responsibility on my future self). Of course, my painting skills are not as good as I imagined, but I think it's time to start this project no matter what. It is fun to sketch, but I never get a finished product. Some old sketches are already redawn and painted, you will se them in my future entries. There will also be new paintings, but I am happy how the redraws are turning out. Besides, it's a process more fun to write about.

You have come to the end of this article. I hope it wasnt too long. I'll probably be here next week with a new post.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girl with yellow clothes - 2

First redraw - 1