Girl with yellow clothes - 2

 
While working on the 3rd redraw, I got stuck. The original sketch is very cute and redrawing it unfortunately makes it lose its aura. I tried to implement it as good as I can but somehow, it wasn’t satisfying me. Then I moved to another one, and guess what, I was stuck again. The problem with this one was that it was intimidating to colour it. For one last time, I decided to paint with gouache and it was very regrettable decision. For the last time, I saw gouache is not for me, wet mediums are so frustrating for me. Then it was best to give myself some time to ease stress I cast upon myself (It is just a small painting, come on). While the two projects remain unfinished, and while I laid on my bed to sleep one night this vision just came to me. A girl with yellow clothing before a full grey background. I am not any kind of oracle but most of my ideas just come from these sudden images that appear in my head. Vision comes to me and I transfer it into this 2d paper world.

Instead of not producing something, this new idea looked freshening to start my process again. It didn’t seem hard to draw and paint. The next day I made a small sketch on my sketchbook. Small probably around 3cm but its very important because its what guides me. Most of the time I try my best to place the actual drawing properly on the paper accrding to these little blueprints. If things are not placed properly, I will never be satisfied, and this will affect the process. That’s why sketching a small draft helps me a lot. In the end, the process gets faster because I don’t have to erase endless times to place the figure and the components.


The background and the figure (except her clothes) had to be grey. For the background, I choose my favourite. I don’t if this place has a name really, but it’s very familiar with all of you. It’s the place you see on the entrance of metro stations, schools stairs or quiet corners of a big buildings like shopping malls. There are thrashes on the floor, stairs along with railing, cold lighting, probably stickers or old posters and pipes on the walls. Quite an industrial scene. I love it because it easy but also stuffed. It doesn’t feel empty when you adorn the background with all these small things. It gets the job done quickly, blends perfectly and tone scale is vide. So, you can tell that I enjoyed colouring this background. The lighting is not perfect in the logical sense, but everything seems distinct. There isn’t a lot to say about the clothes because its just yellow, paint it yellow that is all.  

                                           

Here is the version before I added the yellow.

(I have no idea why but this girl gives me German vibes)

 

 





And this is the final result.


I usually don’t like dark background and a distinct single colour pooping out artworks(did you understand me?). Well with the power of my skills I will show a small example.

The best I can do with touchpad of my laptop and Paint.

For me, it looks cheap. Remings me of overpriced ugly pictures sold on the stores. They are probably taken from some photographers without their consent and edited to look better printed.  I don’t like them because its trying to catch attention more than being a artwork. There is no thought on it, its more of a decor.  And here I am doing something very similar. What catches your attention when you look at this? Of course the bright YELLOW outfit. So I think it is cheap? Not so but I don’t have a thought-out answer. I will simply point that the background is not black but grey and my grey colour is a bit bluish. Also, thought yellow was going to shine more. But these old Faber castels are over their days. The last reason is that its not an oversaturated object, there is some thought on it.

I like the overall result, it was simple but satisfying.

Maybe in the future, again I will delve into concepts I don’t like a lot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brand new art blog - 0

First redraw - 1